Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Would you wear a tuxedo to do the gardening?

Call me old fashioned but certain clothes are used for certain purposes. You wouldn't wear the same in bed that you would wear to the theatre for example. Well you might, but omly if you were insane. However, I can't put down to insanity why on Earth people haven't grasped the fact that sportswear isn't for playing sport.

Anyone who ever goes to the shops will know what I mean. Fat men in Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea and (the worst) England tops walking around the shops with their families. Obviously they should be ashamed of themselves but women, why on Earth do you allow this?

Don't get me wrong. I love football more than pretty much anything else. Which is why I play football. In my football kit. I go to games. In my football shirt. These are acceptable in my eyes. I can even deal with people going to the pub to watch their team in their football shirt. What I can't stand is people wearing a football shirt as an alternative piece of clothing. Do they not understand, they look rubbish!! These shirts look good on football players, they look appropriate on football fans at games. They look shit on 20 stone men in supermarkets!!

Last season I remember walking through the streets in the town where I live on a Sunday afternoon. All the pubs were full of people watching Chelsea vs Man United. A massive game. I, hating both teams equally, was avoiding it. I was surprised though that the two fatties wearing Chelsea tops sitting in am otherwise deserted McDonalds were doing the same thing.
Well, surprised but, in a way that also seemed appropriate.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Football tops are, in summer especially, often the only thing between 15 stone of wobbly lard and a truly gruesome public display of said lard. So they do have a nobler purpose...

8:47 AM  
Blogger ChiefMoaner said...

In the fatty coverup stakes, far-too-tight Chelsea top versus grubby wifebeater vest. A tricky one. Personally I prefer to avoid ASDA during the months of June to September

10:14 AM  
Blogger ChiefMoaner said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home